We’ll keep this post light and dive right into the action. Here’s what I learned this week:
(1) Penthouse Club is not immune to summer slow season. We already knew that, but the place was a graveyard when I went on Tuesday night. Absolutely no one tipping at the stage, so the dancers basically threw in the towel halfway through their set. The quality of dancers wasn’t bad, but it didn’t seem like there were that many of them, and if there were more then they were in the dressing room the entire time. I saw some girls I found appealing, and some I didn’t. The were a few girls who you wouldn’t think could dance at Penthouse, but overall it was still pretty good. I’m told the club still gets packed on Fridays and Saturdays. My next visit will probably be a Thursday; hopefully the club will have the same level of dancers as a weekend night but I’ll at least be able to find a seat.
(2) Visions Men’s Club is also susceptible to summer slow season. Again, you and I knew this already, but the club’s Saturday shift is usually pretty solid. This past Saturday, it was not. The club barely sat half of the one bar – and that’s as packed as I saw it. The quality of girls was, overall, pretty poor as well. There were some decent girls, there were some girls who weren’t decent, and a few above-average dancers. I wouldn’t call any of them a knockout. It’s possible that this was just an off day for them, but it was disappointing nonetheless.
(3) Thanks to insight from one of the readers, Little Darlings may be closed. Those of you that have been on Bourbon know that Little Darlings always has a dancer by the door trying to lure people in. A couple of months ago, I noticed there was no dancers outside Little Darlings. In fact, the door was closed and there were no signs it was even open. However, Little Darlings was forced to install 30 cameras in the VIP rooms and around the club by city regulators. The club was fined for “alleged prostitution and loitering” – which isn’t hard to believe. It’s accurate. But, I cannot verify anything. I will check this out next out and report back. Any of our readers know what’s up?
(4) This is old news, but Where Y’at Magazine recently reveled its “Best of the Big Easy” winners for 2013. These results are 100% survey based and reader decided. Among the many categories is “Best Gentlemen’s Club” – so let’s see who won:
Best Gentlemen’s Club
1) Rick’s Cabaret: 315 Bourbon
This 18,000-square-foot gentlemen’s club is three floors of seductive bliss. With beautiful women and a quality sound system located just steps off Bourbon Street, Rick’s is sure to satisfy all of your party cravings.
2) Penthouse Club: 727 Iberville St.
3) Visions Men’s Club: 4000 Downman Rd.
The same three clubs make it every year. Rick’s Cabaret usually wins, and they also spend the most money on advertising with Where Y’at … hmmmmmmmmm. But anyway, that’s what people in New Orleans think is the best strip club. Take these results for what they’re worth.